A cookie is a file that is downloaded to the user's device when accessing certain web pages to store and retrieve information about browsing on the device.
Cookies allow the web, among other things, to store and retrieve information about the decisions and habits of the user. At DEPORTIVO ALAVÉS and Grupo BKNDAGROUP we use them to personalize the experience on our webs, to identify and to remember the registered user and to facilitate browsing.
Type of cookies used on the web
Cookies, depending on how permanent they are, can be divided into Session or Permanent Cookies. The first ones expire when the user closes the browser. The second ones expire depending on when the objective for which they serve is met (for example, for the user to remain identified on the Webs and the Data Processing Manager's services) or when they are manually deleted.
Additionally, depending on their purpose, Cookies can be classified as follows:
Performance Cookies: this type of Cookie remembers your preferences for the tools found in the services, so you do not have to reconfigure the service every time you visit. For example, this type includes:
- Volume settings for video or sound players.
- Video streaming speeds that are compatible with your browser.
Geolocation Cookies: these cookies are used to find out what country you are in when you request a web or service. This cookie is completely anonymous, and is only used to help guide content to your location.
Registration Cookies: Registration Cookies are generated once the User has registered or subsequently opened their session, and are used to identify you on the web and services with the following objectives:
- Keeping the user identified so that, if they close a service or web, the browser or the computer and at a later stage or the next day that service or web is re-entered, they will remain identified, facilitating browsing without having to re-identify. This functionality can be suppressed if the user clicks the "Exit" function, hence deleting this cookie and the next time the user enters the web, they will have to log in to be identified.
- Check if the user is authorized to access certain services, for example, to participate in a contest.
- Additionally, some services may use third party connectors such as Facebook, Twitter or Google. When the user registers for a service with credentials from a social network or third party identification system, they authorize the service to keep a persistent cookie that remembers their identity and guarantees access to the web until it expires. The user can delete this cookie and revoke the access to the web through social networks or third party identification system updating their preferences in the specific social network.
Analytical Cookies: each time a User visits a Web or Service, a tool from an external provider (Google Analytics, comScore or similar) generates an analytic cookie on the user's device. This cookie, only generated on the visit, will serve the Data Processing Manager during subsequent visits to anonymously identify the visitor. The main objectives are:
- Allow anonymous identification of browsing users through the "Cookie" (identifies browsers and devices, not people) and therefore an approximate count of the number of visitors and the trend over time.
- Anonymously identify the most visited content and therefore the more attractive to users.
- Ascertain whether the user accessing it is new or a repeat visit.
Important: Unless the User chooses to register on any website of the Data Processing Manager, the cookie will never be associated with any personal data that may identify them.
Such cookies will only be used for statistical purposes that help to optimize user experience on the site.
Advertising Cookies: this type of cookies allows the information of the displayed ads shown to each anonymous user on the Data Controller's web to be extended. Among others, the duration or frequency of display of advertising positions, the interaction with them, or browsing patterns and / or user behaviours are stored as they help compile an advertising interest profile. In this way, advertising related to the user's interests can be offered.
To organise advertising for the Data Processing Manager, third party advertising service tools are used. These third parties can store cookies sent from the Data Processing Manager's websites from the users' browsers, as well as accessing the data stored in them.
The companies that generate these Cookies have their own privacy policies.
How to disable cookies in your browser
Most browsers currently allow the user to configure whether or not they want to accept cookies. These settings are usually found in the 'Options' or 'Preferences' on your browser menu.
Here are the instructions for setting up cookies on the main browsers:
- Chrome: Settings -> Show advanced options -> Privacy -> Content settings. For more information, check Google support or your browser Help.
- Firefox: Tools -> Options -> Privacy -> History -> Custom Settings. For more information, check Mozilla support or your browser Help.
- Internet Explorer: Tools -> Internet Options -> Privacy -> Settings. For more information, check Microsoft support or your browser Help.
- Safari: Preferences -> Security. For more information, check Apple support or your browser Help.